Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Hilarious Recipe Reviews from Food Network

This is a screenshot from Food Network Humor I found recently. It proves (I guess) that legitimate reviews-even the bad ones-are not expunged off the real Food Network website.  There are some really funny reviews here. True story: I got the evil eye from a Barnes & Noble employee for laughing too loudly in the store after reading her recipe for Calzones, which is to take Pillsbury Dough and fill it with leftover spaghetti. Gross!                                                   

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy this post! Some of these recipes are indeed quite humorous. I fear for my stomach to even attempt to try them and I'm usually not a picky eater.

    Sometimes concoctions work, but not always. I remember watching ICarly and thinking the Spaghetti Tacos sound interesting. And I remember getting a few select recipes from various kitchen shows with Gordon Ramsey. Might I suggest from Psych the Jerk Chicken Nachos.

    They actually came out pretty good!
    http://www.pamperedchef.com/images/public/us/pdf/ts_bb_nachos.pdf



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This looks good and is fairly simple to make. I will give it a try sometimes, thanks! It reminds me of a recipe I found on Epicurious for Fish Tacos. Its quick and delicious too.

      http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Fish-Tacos-352976

      Delete
  2. Hilarious! Although I have to say, anyone who would prepare something calling itself "Pork Kebobs with Red Grape Sauce" has already veered out of their lane on the food highway. Lee has gotten a lot of flak, both from foodies and aficionados and from frustrated home cooks. It's a tough line to toe -- but for my money, the best easy home recipes can be had from Deb Perelman, a.k.a. "The Smitten Kitchen" -- they are basic, flavorful and innovative too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion, I plan to check her out.

      Delete